Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Roses, Roses, Roses

Who does love roses? They are beautiful to look at and have a heavenly smell. They also come in lots of different shades of my favorite color, pink! I bought these rose bushes from the "Rose Lady" who used to specialize in sell roses of all kinds at the farmers markets in Michigan. Sadly she retired and no longer sell her beauties. I also did not record the names of these roses either, I wish I had!









Some of these roses were almost as big as a luncheon plate. 



I really like the pretty blush of pink on these, a quiet pink.




These remind me of old fashion roses you might see at a farm house.




Like other places in the midwest, we have had a cool down the last few days, with highs only in the 50's and low 60's. It feels more like early October than the last days of July! Our little town had fireworks last night that had been delayed due to rain the night before.  Seriously, I had to put on one of my winter coats to sit out and watch them, yikes! 

I big thank you to Kathryn at Make It Pretty Monday for featuring our side door flowers from last week. Another thanks to Nita at Mod Mix Monday she also featured our flowers. Thank you both!


Hoping your week will be warm and sunny…..



25 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Laura,

Your roses look stunning. Thanks for sharing such prettiness!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful roses!

Susie said...

Laura, That is the rose I want !!! So pretty. I could almost smell it .xoxo,Susie
p.s. thank you for visiting and the nice words for my uncle.:)

NanaDiana said...

Laura- Those photos are fabulous! You did a really good job getting those pictures. They are beautiful. xo Diana

Dawn said...

Such beauties they are. We are having the cold temps here too:)

Debby Ray said...

Breathtaking roses! Beautiful photos!

debby

Colleen said...

Absolutely Gorgeous roses. Oh, how I wish you had the names of them beauties.
The bottom rose looks along the line of what is called a Knock Out Rose.
Thanks for sharing your lovely roses with us.
ColleenB.

Betty said...

I love roses and the pictures you posted is just beautiful.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, your roses are stunning and so are your pictures. Beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Jeanie said...

These are stunning, Laura! I can practically smell them right through the computer!

I'm hoping it warms up a LITTLE in the north! Porches and beaches are made to be enjoyed in the sun -- not all bundled up!

podso said...

The photos of your roses are beautiful. I like the pink of the first ones, but oh the delicate soft pink of the further down roses is just exquisite.

Olive said...

So pretty Laura.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your roses are gorgeous! Do you spray the shrubs for pests? I have to or the aphids (or whatever they are) eat holes in my leaves.

It's been unseasonably cold here, too. We had a frost warning the night before last. At the end of July. Unheard of!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely stunning! The roses brought a smile to my face - thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

Hugs!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your gorgeous rose post. The photos are really pretty.
Hugs,
Patti

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

These are lovely and yes that one variety does look like the old-fashioned kind! :) I remember years ago digging a wild rose up ( off of the roadside ) and planting it where I lived before, so that I could have a rose that actually had a scent! :)

Art and Sand said...

Your roses are lovely.

Our photos said...

Thanks that you visit my blog!
Beautiful are the photos from the roses.

Red Rose Alley said...

These roses are beautiful, Laura. I love the color. I just took some rose pictures yesterday too. My neighbor has rose bushes in every color you can think of, and it was fun taking pics of all the different colors.

Have a good afternoon.

Love,
~Sheri

Linda W. said...

What lovely roses! Nice photos.

Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Laura! What a beautiful blog you have...I enjoyed those gorgeous rose pictures.

I'm also in the midwest...northern Illinois. We've had a lovely, green summer.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog!
Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

Tammy N said...

Beautiful roses! Your photos show them off so well.

Tea in the Library said...

Great photos. Could practically smell the roses. Happy Pink Saturday!

Janneke said...

I see you are a real rose lover too. You made some amazing photos of beautiful roses.
Will be back, I am for the first time on your blog.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What's not to love? Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...